Monday, September 20, 2004

And the winner is...............

There are times that define you. There are times that your actions spell out so clearly that things have changed and that you are no longer the same person. Tonight was one of those defining experiences. The Emmy Awards were on and I who am a complete Award Show Junkie...couldnt care less. I had a set to go do in NYC. I didnt even listen to the live audio feed that I could get in my car. I had to listen to the news station for traffic on the 8s. I was going to take the Holland tunnel via the Turnpike.. no NEWS88 says 45 minute delays...quick I dart on to route 1&9. I switch over to 1010WINS traffic on the 10s.... Shit 1&9 half hour delays. I see an exit for Tunpike North get off cross my fingers...Yes only a 5 minute delay at the Lincoln. Im in the tunnel in a flash. No traffic Mid town?? Lucky!!! Find a parking spot in two seconds...WOW.. Run into the club...great crowd..drunk and roudy..Just like I like um. Had a good set with 2 new jokes that went well. Handle a guy whos talking...He asks me to repeat a joke just for him, he was talking. I say somthing like come back next week Ill do the same set. Shut him up and finish strong. Id like to thank, my car,1010WINS,the nice folks at NEWS88, My EZ pass, Nicortee gum, and the lovely people at the club tonight....oh yes.... It is much better being the leading charecter in my own life. I'll watch E tommorow and see what I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment