Friday, September 3, 2004

I need some new soil to grow in

I pride myself in not being your typical suburban drone. YES... I do drive a mini van...ugh. I clean my house....I cook dinner 6 nights weekly,I do homework(my 3rd time in 7th grade)...I shop for everyone but myself..I do laundry...BUT that's where the similarities end. I dont play bunkko...craps for housewifes. I dont play Mahjong I tryed it for a bit. I just went for the food. I got so nuts eating the whole time that I once put a tile in my mouth by mistake, I hated it and quit. I dont do lunch...who feels like sitting with 6 women who order salads and then play the REAL game of the day, which is "Lets see who can eat the least" I would drink too much and be bored. I dont do the gym....though I do belong to one...or was it two???? I dont have a nanny or an au pair... Just what I need another person around here to annoy me. I dont do the nail salon thing.....who can sit so long. I hate to buy clothing so Mall hopping isnt for me. I really dont like suburbia... I grew up here and it was all I thought I ever wanted. Sometimes I like to sit outside on my deck but the constant sounds of lawn mowers and leaf blowers annoys the shit out of me. Im antsy. Lately it seems, I am most at home in a Comedy club. I can sit for hours waiting for my turn, with a calm that amazes me. Maybe its the drinking ???? I get along with people in comedy.... I cant say this is true with my peer group back on the cul de sac. I guess you have to grow where your planted. I think that has happened....but now this girl is all grown up and her kids are older too. Ive got root rot. I need a bigger pot to grow in. Laughter, Rejection and working for complements will have to do for now. Comedy is my new world. Best of all I can still be a mom during the day.....make dinner...kiss them all good-bye ... drive to the city and finally be home, on a small stage, with a mic in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment