Saturday, September 11, 2004

Saturday Night Live

Well, boys and girls tonights the big night. Im going to the show as they say in Minor League Baseball. I have a real live Saturday night gig, in real club, with a real, non bringer paying audience. Okay its in the middle of nowhere in PA. Okay its still minor league....Im thrilled all the same. Now I just gotta do well. This is my third show on a Saturday night. My first Saturday night was in a one nighter club where I opened and MCed. The opening went really well however, when I came back on between the feature and headliner,,,I tanked. Fortunately the Headliner got the show back on track. Months later I did a fundraiser for Gildas Club. Right before we went on the Rabbi of the temple where we were performing informed all 3 comics that he expected us all to work clean. The headliner went into a panic because he had very little clean material prepared. I was asked to go as long as I could and did almost a half hour. I had my best show ever and was thrilled. So tonights my third time at bat. Its a 10 minute set but the booker of this club said to consider it like an audition and if I do well he can book me in one of his other clubs. So Im driving about 4 hours tonight for 10 minutes of stage time....Only another comedian would understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment