Monday, September 13, 2004

Banging my head against the wall.

Saturday was very interesting. I drove out to PA for a gig. I was all pumped up because hey this is the real deal. Im performing on a Sat. night at a comedy club, prime-time, paying crowd, non-bringer. I drove the 2 hours with my crummy mapquest directions and pulled up to the club. Well, not really a club, an upstairs room above a resurant/bar. I was one of 4 comics. The booker and the room manager couldnt have been nicer. Sad fact was we had only 20 people in the room. We almost had 5 more but they didnt want to pay a cover and left. Hey, no problem Ive played for less people and they were all comics. I went on first after the Mc. I was full of energy and thought if I should change anything because the room was so intimate. I decided to stick to my original plans and I am glad I did. I had a good set. Nothing went flat. Nothing to amazing but a consistent job. The booker of the club grabbed me after I go off and told me that he will book me again and in a few other rooms he runs. On the 2 hr. Long ride home I thought that went well...but do I want to run out here again for such a small room...he didnt say anything about paying me. Then I thought sure I do. Where do I think I should be playing. I am in my second year doing this who do I think I am. Someone needs to knock some sense into me. Later that night I woke up and went to the bathroom as I walked out of the bathroom I hit my head on the door giving myself a black eye and splitting my eyebrow open. As in all things including standup be careful what you wish for

No comments:

Post a Comment