Friday, October 15, 2004

Speechless

Why is it that weeks can go by and nothing really is going on. Your home on a Friday night just like in high school wishing you had a date. Its just now you want a club date. I was booked this week. Thursday I had my first booking at the Underground. It was a flyer spot and meant 2 hours of barking. I was thrilled. I admired a lot of the comics on the bill and couldn't wait. Friday I am in the Finals of the World Comedy Laugh Off. And Saturday my very first Paid feature spot in a Jersey club. This morning I wake up and much to my horror....I HAVE NO VOICE. My biggest dilemma is to find a replacement for my flier spot. Jarrette Kruse saved the day and he is probably performing as I am writing this.... Then it was to get my voice back for the contest tomorrow. Why? Why? Why? Other comics told me everyone is sick ... and we all share the same mic. Occupational hazard...I guess. Im drinking tea, not talking (next to impossible for me or any Mom) taking airborne......and praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment