Sunday, October 17, 2004

Girls Night Out

I did my fifth Saturday night show ever last night. It was in true road show format. They had a MC an opener, feature and headliner. I thought I was to be the opener...but he asked me to feature. Im thinking I have 20-30 minutes of material IM sure of...OK. It was a Girls Night Out Show.....why is it when there are all men comics its called a Comedy show the headliner asked hypothetically. I loved doing a longer set...its heaven. You can pause and let a laugh build and die down. You can kid with the croud. I loved every second of it. It must have showed. I had a strong set...I had an excellent set. It was my best set ever. I did it for 16 people.Pathetic huh?? But they loved me. I was going to just go after I was done but there was the matter of getting paid. The owner of the club told me Id get paid....to be determined. The Mc when I asked him at the end if he could pay me said....I just made enough to cover the headliner....sorry ....I didn't make anything tonight either. Welcome to show biz..... I had 3 women came up to me at the end and said they tought I was the best of the night. Where could they find out where I was playing ... Do you have a web site. No. I told them and then I gave the www.comedysoapbox.com. and told them I list my bookings and they could email me to confirm. Thanks soapbox. Also they told me they work in an office with 100s of women who would want to see me..... so no pay but I got 3 women ready to start a fan club. I went home happy. Still I would have liked to have gotten gas money for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment