Thursday, November 4, 2004

Funny.....who knew?

Last night I did 2 open mics. I really like to try new material when I do them and scanning the audience of comics most had heard my standard set a gagillian times...I had to spare them. I took up my book and did tried a bit of this and that. After I was done a bunch of comics said how much they liked my set. Really??? I dont know? I told a few real life stories they worked kinda...sorta.. Best part of the show at the Morrison Motel was at the end there is a raffle for the door prize of $100 and I won. I quickly ran over to Sals comedy hole at The Village Ma and participated in the laugh-off. I did a few other new things on stage and I dont know how I did. Low and behold IM in the final round against a very funny comic. I won. Sal has the best prize for winning. I won a Sat night spot. Talk about a guy giving comics a chance at a leg up. I dont know I didn't have any sense of myself. Time to whip out the tape recorder and see what everyone else saw... Who knew???

1 comment: