Friday, November 26, 2004

Its a Blogexplosion!!

A few days ago Steve Hofstetter talked about the web site blogexplosion.com I posted my blog on there and I have gotten over 166 hits in 5 days. My blog has been read by over 160 people outside of our cozy little comic community. I just wanted you all to know that I haven't been spending my entire day hitting the refresh button to be #1on the front page of this site.

I don't know about you guys but I like getting feedback on my blogs even more than having a lot of people reading it. I love checking my email and hearing back about what others have thought about a topic that I posted. Blogexposion is really very interesting...you can look at lots of blogs by surfing around and in turn, you get your blog put on a rotation so that others can be directed to your blog. I guess it must be working.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was very different. Unlike the Thanksgiving of my childhood with 27 relatives and a children's table. This was more like a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving with just my husband and children and parents. We ate at the Marriot Hotel. The food was very good and something extra...it was all still hot. We sat at a table the 6 of us...that had 3 chairs on one side and a bankette on the other. Every time someone wanted more food from the buffet...our entire side had to swoosh over and stand up. I felt kinda sad for myself at one point. Why is my family so f'd up. We are scattered all over the USA and the few that are still alive...have to be with other family due to marriage or we plain don't like them. I had my home being painted so having the dinner at my home was impossible. When I have it at my home I usually can add a few friends who are in the same boat as we are over too...and its a bit more festive. I sat there at the Marriott and thought it could be worse...I could have a house full of family all enjoying a wonderful dinner together and I could have to be working like the staff at the hotel was doing.(okay if it was a great paying gig maybe...Letterman, Comedy Central definitely ) I asked our waitress If she had dinner earlier with her family and she said that she had to work all day. No Thanksgiving for her I guess. On a plus note the food was good the kids loved it...also by not having it at home I didn't have to shop all week,shlepp it all home, clean, cook, serve,clean,clean and clean. On the down side I was craving a leftover turkey sandwich all day. Alas no left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment