Saturday, October 8, 2005

I remember you.

Several years ago I signed up on Classmates.com I had no expectations and really wasn't sure if I even wanted to contact anyone from back then anyway. So I figured if they contact me good if not screw it. Nothing happened anyway and then about a year ago My Best friend from 8th thru 12 th grade contacted me. She lives now in Georgia and has a life except for comedy very much like mine. She has 2 kids a husband.....blah blah blah.

I was so happy to hear from her. We emailed and IM ed all the time and still keep in touch. We played hours of what happened to him what happened to her. Followed by lots of rounds of Do you remember him/her. and who was the guy/girl who did this and that. It was fun. Then 2 weeks ago a very good friend from 8th and 9th grade emailed me. She lives in North Carolina. She sent me an email with her picture and I can get over the fact that we truly are middle aged. She wore a shirt with butterfly's on it................... don't I do a routine about that?? But when I looked in her eyes and smile she's the same girl burned into my memory that is still 15.

Today I got an email from another classmate, Cheryl I don't recall if she said where she lives. I was thinking about her just the other day... Its strange to me. My entire life as a kid growing up I felt so rejected from just about everything. I never hung out with a cool crowd. I was what was known then as kind of a hood. Not a bad kid just one who could go wrong at any minute. I don't know how I stayed out of trouble. Ok I was overweight and thought I was repulsive so I avoided getting gang banged through low self esteem. So I find as I go through life that hindsight might not be 20/20. It seems that people remember a different person than I thought I was. They say I was fun. They say I was funny. They they have great memories of their time with me. Wow. This is an eye opener. I got to look into this not just for spiritual growth. I also think it might make for good material.

Comments are below
Hey
Posted on 10/08/2005 at 02:20 AM by Adrienne

Low self-esteem whats that like?

No comments:

Post a Comment