Saturday, January 22, 2005

Snow Kidding

I am having the biggest weekend of my comedy life.....I have 3 shows all in NYC! Last night I did the show at Dont tell Mamas and I think I did pretty well. The audience and the producer all were very positive. I loved playing there, Its a great place and a fun room. I finally got to meet Adam Sank ....thanks for coming out Adam.That was so nice of you!!!!! I also got to freeze my ass off. God it was cold. Tonight I have two shows one at 8 and the other at 10. I live out in the woods in NJ about 48 miles from mid town. Yesterday I called the producer of one of the shows and when I showed concern for the weather....after waking him up....at 11am. (Note to self dont call comics before noon.) I asked him If he heard about the upcoming weather and he told me "he doesnt do the news thing." OK... I explained how bad the storm was going to be and he said "so take mass transit" I asked him how will I get down to the Village? He said SUBWAY. I dont do subways I have a vagina...and I will be by myself. I called my mother in law and asked if could stay with her Sat. night. She lives in Mid town.

I had gotten home from NYC Friday night at 2am.... after Dont tell MAMAs I ran down to the village to Sals Comedy Hole and stopped into say Hi and ask Sal about his show he had asked me to do...the 10pm one. He told me not to come in he would put me up some other time. I explained that I had an 8pm show with him and Rick Shapiro at 26 Carmines and I had to be there. Sal offered to take care of it all and do a longer set and fill in for me. He said the producer was his friend and not to worry. I dint have to fight the weather if I didnt want to.....problem solved.........Im taking MASS TRANSIT.

I woke up this morning at 10 and by 10:30 it was snowing. I was out of the house and packed in under an hour. I drove to Metro Park and put the mom/comedy van in the parking building. I wrestled with a prepaid garage machine to pay for my parking for 20 fucking minutes. I stood on the plattform and my feet started to freeze. ( Note to self sneekers arent to thermal.) I took the train and when we reached Manhattan there were no cabs and I waited 40 minutes for a bus to go across town. I am at my Mother in laws and will be sleeping here tonight. I guess this is my first road gig too. I dont know how Im getting to the village from 33 and 3rd ave. I am leaving at 6 for an 8pm show. I dont even know if we will have an audience. I do know that this is a night I have wished for and Im going to be a pro and show. I must love this because it is the first thing I have done that I have never wanted to give up on. I cant say that about anything in life that I have found difficult. I wanted to drop out of college. I didnt. I wanted to run away from my husband and children from time to time...I havent. But this comedy thing....... I dont know the harder it gets the more frustrated and crazy I might get but when it pushes me...some how I still want to push back. I hope I dont die on stage or in the snow tonight. I hope this is worth it.

Comments are below
Nick At Nite Search For The Funniest Mom
Posted on 01/23/2005 at 03:54 PM by Brian Baumley

Robin - Go to Nick at Nite's website. They're doing a search for America's funniest mom and contests are great, right? I think you have to send them a tape to enter.



You are wonderful
Posted on 01/23/2005 at 08:13 PM by Greg Concodora

Keep it up. You deserve all that you are striving for. Love ya, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment