Sunday, September 25, 2005

Google me this!!!!

I suffer from obsessive email checking. I have 5 email addresses...one at AOL for personal email friends and family, 2 at yahoo the first for giving my email address on the web, I get 600 spams a day. The second on yahoo for when I have to post my email on a comedy site and I might not know who will be getting it. The second to last email address is at Gmail. I use this one for bookers and comedy friends and all comedy business. The last one is also at Gmail for writing and storing jokes. So after checking all my addresses and having no email........I poked around the web a while. I come here to Soapbox and then run to a few message boards. But I'm bored....and feeling unwanted. No one emailed me for a few days for a show. So hears the sad but true fact. At times like this I GOOGLE myself. When I started GOOGLING myself I would come in on the third page. There is a Robin Fox who is a lesbian,witch,rock star...she comes in at 1st place. There is also a Robin Fox who teaches sociology at Rutgers. They both have lots of listings. So today when I Googled I was thrilled to see that I have moved to the 1st page...I'm down on the page a bit but what the fuck I'm still on the first page. I am pathetic. On a happy note I will be Hosting this Weds night at the NYCC in the big room for the first time. So maybe things are going better than I thought....

Comments are below

Posted on 09/25/2005 at 08:39 PM by Jim Larsen

My God, we are very much alike. I have a Yahoo email, 2 for my web site, one at allvantage, hotmail, and one for work, oh yeah, one for Desert Dog Films web site. Googling myself is cool because of all the hits on account of the movie. Sounds lke our internet habbits are very much alike. On the message board for my web site, I even have a forum to talk about the other people named "Jim Larsen" who pop in searches. One day i hpe to meet the jim Larsen who's domain is www.jimlarsen.net" and stick him with a shiv because I really wanted that web address. That guy is an asshole for taking it from me.




Posted on 09/25/2005 at 11:56 PM by Jill Twiss

So, Robin does this mean you didn't get the email I sent you about doing a show in Connecticut? (Truly, I sent it a few days ago.) And best of luck hosting. I know you'll be brilliant.



Congrats!
Posted on 09/26/2005 at 04:13 AM by Adrienne

No one deserves it more that you!

No comments:

Post a Comment