Friday, August 12, 2005

On the Radio again

Lets try this again...Tonight Friday or early Saturday morning at 1am I will be back on the Joey Renyolds Show on Radio 710 WWOR AM. I was on a week ago and got bumped by Jakie Mason who called into the show. I was on the air for about 16 minutes and said 3 sentances. Joey is a really nice guy and invited me back tonight for the Jewish Hour. See the irony of Friday night being the Jewish hour.....no orthodox will be listening so dont tell them.

So I will be going home tonignt around 3am. If Im lucky I will be home by 4:30am they are still working on the Holland and Lincoln tunnels for 12 to 5 am for the past 6 months. I have the most awfull sleep pattern due to this. I go into the city 4-5 nights a week plus the road stuff and I havent started a day befor 12noon in months. All this will kill me once school starts and I need to be up at 6 am again. I wish I could say that working so hard has payed off. I am still where I am. The only....huge benifit is that I have gotten stronger on stage. Now if only it would translate to a break here or there. Every level you get to in this thing never makes it eazier...just different.

I had something really nice happen last week. I did a show out in NJ at a one nighter. The place was great and had put a few ads in the Daily Record and Corrier News...she got her beer company to pay for the ad on a co-op deal..smart lady. After the show a woman came up to me and said. Robin Fox do you remember me I saw you at a club a while back I live in Warren NJ. I did remember her....she lives in the town next to me and she was so nice to me the night I met her. She went on to say that she saw my name in the AD in the newspaper and got some friends and had to come see me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen....My Fan. So for now I work for small successes.

Saturday night Im performing at fancy Westchester Country Club. Im getting paid and am very excited about the gig. Im doing 30 minutes and they want it kinda clean.... Will see about that. I have seen that as long as you dont drop the "F" bomb every second it usually is cool to be an adult comic. I will let you know.

Comments are below

Posted on 08/12/2005 at 11:23 PM by Jill Twiss

Have a GREAT show tonight and Saturday night, Robin. I know that you will be brilliant. Mostly because I've never seen you NOT be brilliant. Congrats!



Aww Shcucks!
Posted on 08/13/2005 at 04:50 AM by Robin Fox

Thank you Jill. It went really well. I actually got a good half hour of solid air time. I got in some plugs for some clubs and did some material to boot, and was able to ad lib some lines that hit. Im nervous about the Country Club...that they shouldnt be too uptight and all. Fuck it! Im going for it!. You are such a great comedy buddy....and I am lucky to have such a supportive talented friend.



Country clubs can be weird
Posted on 08/15/2005 at 11:31 AM by Kelly Shannon

Recently I played two different country clubs and found that the billionaires loved me while the millionaires hated me.(seems the millionaires are not as secure with themselves) Make sure you scope out your audiance before hand. I find that a good place is in the ladies room. See how they talk and act. If they seem uptight, you might have to change a few things around. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment