Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Tuesday night Lantern open mic R.I.P.

Tonight was the final show of the Tuesday night Morrison Motel. I have come to love this show and am so sad to see it go. Worse yet is Matt O'Brian will soon be leaving NY to follow his writing dream in LA. John Morrison hit gold when he choose Matt to run the Tues. Night show. It was different from any open mic I had ever done. Before the Tues Motel I liked the Original Weds night Motel and if you had asked me at the time I would have thought that you couldn't improve perfection. Well Matt and DJ Scribbles did just that. Matt ran a tight fun and original gem of a show. I found my voice in this room. I learned so much from all the great talent and support and fun I found in this room. I looked forward to getting my lottery letter each week and held my breath till I found out if I made the cut or not. I looked forward to seeing Matt and John Morrison, Will, the gang form NJ, Raquel, Lisa Harmon, Jill Twiss, Eric Alexander, Sven, The guy who does German Scooby do...is it Seymour? Angry Bob, Manny, Emily Epstien,Nicole Cunningham, Mike Cayto,Guy Wench and all the others who I cant name but will still feel a special bond to for sharing and enjoying so many long fun nights with. I am sure I am not alone in saying Thank you Matt I will miss you most of all...I wish that all your biggest dreams you have for yourself come true. I also loved your song tonight. Matt sang a parody of I will survive, that killed. I am so sad to see it go. I am sure in years to come some of us will reminisce about the special times we shared in the little room that could and was killed....in a train wreck before its time.

Comments are below
Sorry to see the Tuesday Mic go...
Posted on 06/22/2005 at 07:15 AM by Adrienne

I think Matt is one of the best MC's and certainly a fav of mine. I wish him all the luck. How did your set at NYCC go?



Ditto on that
Posted on 06/22/2005 at 07:18 AM by April Brucker

I too think Matt is one of the best MC's and he was certainly wonderful to get to know as a person. He used to see me on my long jogs down Park Avenue. Anyway, I did a lot of growing as a comic in the Tuesday Night Shows and it became a part of my fabric. I too am sad to see it go. And I missed Matt's song. Damn!



I agree...
Posted on 06/22/2005 at 10:40 AM by Lisa Harmon

The Tuesday night open mic was my favorite too and Matt is one of my all time favorite comedians. I know he will hit it big in LA and we can all say we knew him when. Thanks Robin for the kind words - it is true, we had a lot of fun down there and a lot of very funny people. Best to Matt and DJ Skribbles, success could not come to two more deserving people.

No comments:

Post a Comment