Monday, April 11, 2005

Cleaning up the house and act

I am finally back on my feet after having the flu for 8 days. My Kids are all back in school , husband is at work and everyones healthy.... I did a show last night for a charity and it was the first time I had been on stage since my Comic strip audition 14 days ago. I usually get up 3-5 times a week. To say I felt rusty was an understatement. I told one joke from my standard set completely inside out. I flubbed a few lines here and there. Still it was a great night. I MCed but didnt do much crowd work... I knew a lot of the people in the room which added to my nerves. Its hard to poke fun at the audience when they live next door. We had one walk out after the first set...she thought the show was going to be too dirty....fuck it. I began the show saying that this was an R rated show and that were all grown-ups...the group had pre agreed that it was okay to be Adult. Jarrett Kruse, Hbo Zone, and great pal.. did a great job as the opener and did some fantastic work with the cowd. He had a lot of new jokes up his sleeve and had his work cut out for him getting the room going he was great. Randi Kaplan from Conan, The first Last Comic Standing,and Leno, did a great set and had one of the Best ad libs of the night when the mic went dead. I did a set which I think went well....it was hard to say the room had a lot of friends in it and maybe they were being kind. I ususallly feel much more rehersed .....this is the longest I have gone without performing since I started. Jessica Kirson from Last Comic Standing VH1 and Comedy Central was the headliner and destroyed the place. I thought Id cough up a lung laughing so hard. The strangest thing about performing infront of so many people I knew was worrying that they will think that everything I talk about is true... I do a lot of material about myself and my family that is totally fiction for the sake of the joke. I seriously might have to move out of town.

One might think that feeling better is a good thing especially with everyone gone for the day. You might think I can relax and watch soaps and talk on the phone all day. Not quite. I have 8 days worth of laundry and cleaning...dishes to the roof and clutter as far as the eye can see. Nothing like getting your strength back doing 2 weeks worth of house work. Last night I felt on top of the world today I'm cleaning 3 toilets.

Comments are below
Have no fear.
Posted on 04/11/2005 at 08:06 PM by Dennis Larsen

Don't forget Robin you are cleaning three toilets, I clean 18 a day for special ed kids. Drunks at Yankee Stadium have better aim. Dont worry your career will take off and then you can hire me to clean your bowls.



Thanks for the dream.....
Posted on 04/11/2005 at 08:18 PM by Robin Fox

It is humbling though ...I cant think too much of myself when real lifes filth shows up,for me to clean. If I make it my first big dream is not to have to cook everynight....hows your cooking???

No comments:

Post a Comment