Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Girls Night Out

This Weds. night I am performing outside of Philly. It is to be a girls night out show. I have performed in all women venues before however this one is different. This is a Pajama Party Show. The show will include many heavy hitter women comics with big time credits.. The audience unlike other shows like this I have done will be ...No Men Allowed. Other than the Ladies of Laughter contest I have never been so nervous. I don't know what it is ....It might be that for the past several months I have been doing many 3 -4 comic nights. I have been the only women in the show. I have Mc' d, opened, featured, and headlined.(the headliner was a no show and I was told to do it, I was scared out of my mind.) Mcing for me the most frightening. I have to play with the crowd and I always feel like I don't have as much control over the outcome. Yet by doing it more and more....I am feeling a bit more comfortable. I do find that when many women get together to do shows there is a feeling of competitiveness. Like were on the bachelor and all are after the same guy. If there are even a few men in the show it automatically disappears. It is replace with a feeling of were all in this together. Although I did a show called Chicks and Giggles at the Raga....and it was very supportive. I really don't know what I am afraid of...if I am at all. I think mostly it is that I am in a show with really top women comics and I just hope as one of many...............I can hold my own.

Comments are below

Posted on 05/10/2005 at 01:56 AM by Michael Hayne

Even though Eddie Izzard is my favorite female comedian, I still offer you the best of luck.



Why is it
Posted on 05/10/2005 at 12:07 PM by Chris McDevitt

The ONLY time I'd be eager to see women comics, there have to be pajamas and a no penis rule involved?



Good Luck Robin
Posted on 05/10/2005 at 03:53 PM by Larry Bailey

You'll do fine..dont sweat it. Have you read this blog about the pajama party theme? Its pretty good. http://www.sheckymagazine.com/skene/026s.htm



Thats a big load off my mind
Posted on 05/10/2005 at 05:00 PM by Robin Fox

Traci Skene who wrote that article Larry will be one of the performers at this show.She was writing about the show I will be doing!!!! Thank you so much for telling me to read that. The fact that she said it is a supportive group of comics is a big load off of my mind. I am going to be the 4th woman. They usually only have 3 but the booker liked me and wanted to try me out in the show. Your the best, thanks for the heads up. You are a person who I really value their opionion and support. Plus your one funny guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment