Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Come on Down....come down

I am on vacation in Miami Beach Fla. I needed a change of scenery. I'm at a Trump Sonesta. The weather is horrible. Its 68 and windy. You cant sit on the beach with out getting a free dermabrasion treatment. The wind it so strong. Pool side its worse...there are lounge chairs flying into the pool. I cant complain. I could have been scuba diving in Sri Lanka and boom its all over. Off the big vacation in the sky. My children are fighting my husband and I aren't talking and its costing us a fortune. I was so bored I went on Chuckle Monkey to look for an open mic.Then I calmed down. This hotel is crazy too. It is moderately expensive however with Orbitz and Priceline an entire different class of people are here who ordinarily would be priced out...including me. Thrifty folks.... they give out free apples at the front desk. Everyone looks like a pig at a BBQ with an apple in their mouths. At breakfast in the lobby they have a coffee bar with cereal and fruit and bagels etc. A dad is cutting a free apple on a plate.." Daddy I want a bagel. Mommy says you have to have the fruit. Can I have a banana? No Mommy says you have to eat an apple." Crap live a little your on vacation..a banana is a dollar. People are walking in with grocery bags from the local supermarket.They dont want to spend 3 dollars for a coke... I get it. However.. If I have to go grocery shopping when I'm on vacation in a hotel that cost more that $300 night..without discounts. I'm going home. I spent the day at Linens and things and Borders. I ate lunch at Chilies because it was the only place 4 difficult people could agree on. It's like I never left home and they took away all the good stuff. Like my own bed....with out the kids in the room. My vacation begins the day school starts again...Heres looking to the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment