Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ode to the Soapbox........

Ode to the Soapbox........
Posted on 02/28/2008 at 04:38 AM

Oh listen now and you will here about a website that I owe so much of my stand-up career.

Twas the night after a gig and I felt so alone, No one in my real life could understand not getting laughs and just groans

I had no idea what I was doing onstage for that matter, I longed for a place where I could learn and share comedy chatter.

No one in my family understood the importance of changing my name from Fuchs to Fox, Then one day I found the Comedy Soapbox.

Everyone told me your like Sally Fields in that movie called Punchline, but doing stand up is nothing like that I would complain and would wine.

In that movie she had friends and had a comedy club as her home base. When your new to comedy you belong no place!

Then one day I wrote a blog on the site, and comics commented and somehow I was able to figure out what would for me be right.

I didn't have Comedy community like at club like the Comic Strip, I tried to talk to the comics at the Cellar but I was just a housewife and they were stars and were hip.

But after my car ride from the city open mics to my house... I would fire up my computer and the browser would roam....and off to the Soapbox I would go to my comedy home.

Sure I had friends from my old mommy days, but comics like Adam and Josh and Dave got me in so many other ways.

If I had trouble figuring out the right thing to do Shaun Eli would email me and give me advise and for this I say thank - you.

And Amy and Mindy and April and Hoop too, And Harris and Robert and Jeannie and Chris and Steve, and Pat and Maryanne and the rest of the crew. Oh and Al and Andy I cant forget you.

Made me want to keep going and not give up and for this and much more I say Thank You!

I connected to people who I haven't met to this day .... but through the Soapbox I feel we belong in a very special way.

In good times and bad from the flame wars and the times its been like a zoo. I knew in the end the good and the funny would find its way through.

We've had our share of nuts and crazies abound....but in the end it was for the funny that I stayed around.

If I was devastated by something I wanted and told not today... My friends on the soapbox helped me get thought it someway.

In the end its a journey and not some big race I learned alot here in cyber space, It has made the good time much sweeter and the sad time less blue.

I really feel it has kept me going and for that alone Comedy Soapbox I have to love you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all of you for sharing your wisdom , laughter. support and friendship. It is the reason I come here everyday.

Comments are below
Yay!
Posted on 02/28/2008 at 09:20 AM by Sam Garrett

Very nice. I would write more but I am LATE for work!



i enjoyed this one very much
Posted on 02/28/2008 at 01:02 PM by Mindy Matijasevic

:-)



Yay!
Posted on 02/28/2008 at 01:10 PM by Dave O'Gara

Very nice Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment